- Job Title
- Welding Manager
- Choose terms
- Abilene, Ks
We are seeking a Welding Manger with strong leadership skills and working knowledge of all aspects of industrial Mig Welding and weld robot operations. They will oversee the operations of the weld department as it relates to improvements, quality, maintenance, scheduling and implementing.
Our client is a leader in the manufacturing of agricultural implements for tillage, innovative seeding, spraying products and plants throughout the United States. Their philosophy is built upon investing in state-of-the-art technology and talented people to design, engineer, and produce leading-edge implements and products.
- Provide leadership and direct weld department operations
- Responsible for the Weld schedule; adjust staffing and work hours to meet schedules
- Responsible for Weld department employees, including reviews and addressing concerns to provide a good work environment
- Work with Engineering to improve or correct weld quality, safety, or production issues
- Provide a safe work place. Ensure training, regular communication, auditing for safe practices, and required inspection or completion of inspection findings
- Responsible for weld fixture maintenance
- Participate in capacity planning and efficient use of equipment people
- Drive Lean efforts within the department including implementation
- Administer company policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company direction
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Industrial Mig Welding and weld robot operations
- Computer experience to include Microsoft Office
- Experience in manufacturing supervision
- Knowledge of “lean” manufacturing concepts
- Familiarity with MRP and AS400
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
The position is will be based in Abilene, KS. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.