- Job Title
- Systems Administrator
- Elk Grove, IL
Filed under: Information Technology
We are searching for a Systems Administrator to take the next step in their career by joining a growing industry leader. The Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for supporting, maintaining, growing and optimizing Red Hat and CentOS Linux systems. As a key member of the IT Infrastructure Team, you will be expected to provide support across key enterprise systems and technologies, including voice and data, Windows 2008/2012 server storage and virtualization infrastructure.
The Systems Administrator is also responsible for performing application deployments and upgrades. The Administrator ensures maximum service availability by taking appropriate steps in the failure prevention, monitoring and disaster recovery processes. The Administrator also provides a second-tier support to the Service Desk team and is part of the 24/7 on-call rotation.
Our client is a leading supplier of high impact decorative labels, specializing in a variety of solutions to fit customer’s packaging needs and supplying labels to top Fortune 500 companies along with top US retailers. They offer comprehensive training and development programs focused on the individual needs of Associates from their first day on the job to more advanced career stages. This is an employee-oriented, growing, mid-size company with the feel of a locally owned family business.
• 3-5 years of experience in IT support role with above technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 2-3 years Red Hat or CentOS Linux OS administration and support.
• Windows 2008/2012/Active Directory server administration.
• Proficiency in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, RIP, EIGRP.
• Experience in supporting server x386 hardware, NAS and SAN storage.
• Effective oral and written communication and documentation skills.
• Exchange 2013 Email Administration.
• Cisco L2 and L3 routing and switching.
• Citrix XenApp, VMWARE vCenter, EMC SAN.
• Palo-Alto Firewalls, Cisco WIFI, Cisco Call-Manager and Unity.
• Possess one of the following vendor certifications: RHSE, MCSE, CCNA.
• Be able to write moderately advanced system automation scripts (Shell, VB).
• Understand the ITIL framework, specifically change management.
• Provide accurate and timely response to IT supports issues.
• Develop and utilize technical knowledge of core enterprise systems.
• Improve desktop deployment and maintenance practices.
• Improve end-user knowledge of FDC IT applications.
Location & Compensation:
The position will be based in Elk Grove, IL. This is a full-time position available for immediate hire and a meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary with performance-based bonus. Comprehensive benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD, 401k, PTO and paid holidays.