- Job Title
- Software and Controls Development Engineer
- Choose terms
- Cincinnati, OH
Filed under: Information Technology
SOFTWARE & CONTROLS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Software & Controls Development Engineer is responsible for end to end high performance analog control solutions for injection molding machines. As part of the S&CD team, you will work closely with both the R&D and delivery communities to develop, implement, test, and prove out improvements to the company’s process. These improvements will be based on sensor technologies, actuation methods, and software solutions. You will need to develop an understanding of how an injection molding machine functions, how the injection molding
process works and leverage that understanding to deliver business impactful results.
• Develop software (HMI and structured text programming) solutions to demanding technical problems
through modification of the company’s software system
• Deliver hardware (sensors, process control, actuators) solutions to demanding technical problems through
modification of the company’s system
• Develop control system mastery of this technology to include fast analog closed loop controls, signal processing, sensor packages, data storage, information display, and actuation methods
• Capable of functioning independently to program, wire, configure, and test hardware modifications to the system.
• provide comprehensive training for modifications made to the company’s system.
• Provide expert level troubleshooting support for installed systems
Cincinnati Tri-State Area
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
• Experience with Structured Text Programming in a manufacturing environment
• Experience or ability to learn controls system development
• Experience with Integer Math Programming is desired
• Experience or ability to learn hands on troubleshooting in manufacturing environment
• Experience with data acquisition and database management is a plus
• Sigmatek LASAL programming experience is a plus
• 30% travel required
Additional Functional Skills & Competencies:
• Proven team player
• Strong programming skills for industrial control systems
Position Specifications Software Controls Development Engineer Page 2 of 2
• Demonstrated hands-on skills a must
• The ability to be collaborative, fact-based and objective
• Ability to multi-task and progress several projects simultaneously
• Strong troubleshooting skills for industrial control systems
• Possess deep technical mastery of real time control loops and tuning
• Possess hands-on understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, electronic instrumentation, and drive systems
• Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, and improve existing processes
• Comfort working in a fast-based startup environment
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary with performance-based bonus.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Chris Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.