- Job Title
- Senior Manager – Fixed Assets
- Marietta, GA
Filed under: Finance/Accounting
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fixed Assets Accounting Manager will oversee a team of accountants that complete transactions to handle the life activity of fixed assets. This leader will ensure the team meets their goals of accurately recording, reviewing, reconciling, amortizing and dispositioning fixed asset transactions. Additionally, this manager will determine the capitalization of fixed assets, prepare timely and accurate reporting, update departmental policies and procedures, implement auditing practices, and ensure that fixed assets are balanced on the general ledger.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s fixed assets.
• Lead efforts in selecting, on-boarding, developing and retaining department personnel.
• Ensure personnel is properly trained and receives ongoing professional development, coaching, and mentoring to enhance their skill set and departmental capabilities.
• Manage direct reports to ensure departmental goals are met. Conduct performance appraisals and
collaborate with Human Resources to address employee relations issues such as termination.
• Advise fixed assets staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Supervise departmental activities to ensure transactions are recorded and accurate, depreciation is calculated correctly, and accounts are reconciled in a timely manner.
• Assist with routine accounting activities such as preparing and adjusting journal entries.
• Analyze fixed assets data to determine what items should be capitalized.
• Track maintenance jobs completed in field markets and ensure they are accurately recorded in the fixed assets accounting modules.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes.
• Review departmental guidelines and procedures to ensure they are updated and meet company standards.
• Analyze workflows, recommend and implement process improvements.
• Respond to inquiries from the Property Controller and other finance managers, regarding financial results, special reporting requests and similar matters.
• Establish departmental auditing procedures and schedules to ensure fixed assets are balanced. Provide support to
• Property Controller in ensuring a clean and timely year-end audit.
• Collaborate with other finance managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Stay abreast of generally accepted accounting principles, IRS capitalization guidelines, and industry best
• Identify and recommend process improvements to enhance departmental operations.
• Lead and implement special projects as assigned by the Property Controller.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education
• Minimum 6 years of overall accounting experience including financial analytics and presentation
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team to achieve organizational goals
• Expertise in Excel
• Proven ability to collect, gather, visualize and analyze financial data to solve accounting problem
To apply please email Word format resume to Jennifer Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org .