- Job Title
- Sales Director
- Houston, TX
Filed under: Sales & Marketing
Our Client is a technology-driven, specialty chemistry and data company that serves customers across industrial, commercial and consumer markets. The company partners with their clients to provide prescriptive, performance-enhancing chemistry technology that adds value to their clients’ assets and bottom lines. Driven by research and innovation, the company’s mission is to build trusted relationships with their clients – as evidenced by communicating honestly, upholding integrity in our data and interactions, and caring for their clients’ resources as if they were our own. Character of the organization and its people matter greatly at the company, and their values will not be compromised. The company is committed to delivering the highest standards of quality, loyalty and service to be the best partners where our technologies make a difference.
Our Client is seeking a successful Sales Director to join a talented, highly motivated team dedicated to providing chemical solutions to the Upstream E&P industry. The Client is a market leader, and established company, that provides chemistry solutions for stimulation, cementing, improved oil recovery, and drilling fluid additives. The Sales Director will lead all aspects of business development, identify customer requirements for targeted applications, and high-level corporate sales activities, and manage a team of Business Development Managers. The role is accountable for driving field sales performance to meet forecasted business plans. The Sales Director will lead, develop, and motivate the field sales team to accomplish their revenue goals. This position reports to the EVP of Global Sales and will work closely with key leadership roles to drive the company’s chemical solutions business strategy.
- Leading programs to identify most promising markets and applications within the oil and gas business.
- Build core chemical solutions market strategy and portfolio.
- Work with leadership team and external market leaders to identify and document product scope and success requirements for each targeted, product offering.
- Develop business case (features, benefits, ROI, etc.) and sales materials for each solution offering.
- Working through the sales team, create and implement effective marketing strategies and tactical tools for chemical solutions products.
- Build and implement effective sales strategies and plans for the product portfolio with each BDM.
- Build and maintain executive-level inroads at target customers for chemical solutions products.
- Provide on-going feedback and market intelligence to enable continuous improvement of the
- products business model and strategy.
- Leverage existing regional sales team and customer relationships to rapidly build the business.
- Represent the company at various meetings and trade shows to promote the Business.
- Meet or exceed annual targets for data service business performance.
- Hire, develop, and motivate a high achieving field sales team. Ensure that each team member has the resources and support serve customer needs.
- Motivate the field sales organization to meet quarterly forecasted sales targets. Develop plans to work with BDM’s who are not meeting targeted revenue goals.
- Deep subject matter expertise (technical and business) in the oil and gas industry required, preferably in upstream markets and applications.
- Ten years of experience managing and developing field sales organizations with demonstrated success in meeting revenue targets.
- Knowledge of crude evaluation and refinery crude trading and financial models highly desirable.
- Proven track record of professional product management for industrial markets required (oil and gas highly preferred).
- Experience building and executing E&P, product portfolios required.
- Must have sold product solutions utilized in the E&P life cycle, especially in the completion services market.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in technical, or business field.
- Valid drivers’ license with no restrictions and proof of legal right to work in US.
- Flexibility of schedule and ability to travel on regular basis.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
This position can be based in Houston, or the Southwestern United States. This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, performance bonus and comprehensive benefits. This opportunity requires authorization to work in the United States.