- Job Title
- Plant Manager
- Minneapolis, MN
Our client is a Global Fortune 1000 leading manufacturing corporation headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
For the Plant Manager role, our client is looking for dynamic, data driven operations leader who can strategically and tactically manage all aspects of a fast-paced manufacturing facility of typically 150 – 300 employees. The primary focus to achieve safety, quality, service and productivity targets by implementing manufacturing processes, policies and programs that maintain and improve the company’s competitive position and profitability of the operation. Through effective working partnerships with sales and operation teams, the incumbent balances customer needs with optimizing operational effectiveness to generate between $50M and $100M in revenue annually.
Strategic Initiatives – EBITDA and Cash Targets
• Implement local strategies aligned with company’s strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus at all levels of the organization.
• Improve productivity and decrease waste through the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, key performance metrics and projects
• Increase labor efficiency and utilization by developing optimal staffing levels, allocation of resources and cost structures.
• Optimize inventory turns and reduce aged board inventory to meet cash targets
Growth Initiatives – Annual revenue
• Execute Voice of Customer initiatives at the facility level.
• Drive successful onboarding of new and transfer business.
• Achieve on-time delivery targets.
• Ensure that customer specifications are consistently met or exceeded.
• Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to meet or exceed customers’ expectations and environmental standards while maintaining a safe, clean working environment.
• Develop and implement innovative processes and procedures to continually improve quality and reduce customer complaints.
• Partner with management team to ensure productivity targets are monitored and achieved across all facility assets.
• Ensure facility assets are appropriately maintained through planning and implementation of maintenance programs and procedures, including preventative maintenance and reliability programs.
• Manage overall spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
• Manage facility maintenance budget within parameters.
• Provide local support and coordination on facility capital projects.
• Develop and drive implementation of high performance management practices, including Lean Sigma, daily management processes and other related programs.
• Partner with HR function to hire, train and evaluate team members
• Establish group and individual accountabilities through annual goal planning and performance reviews.
• Assess performance and take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local employment regulations.
• Develop talent through assignments, job rotations, promotions to build bench strength and succession planning.
• Drive and support high performance culture through employee involvement initiatives and practices.
• Build and maintain a productive and engaged relationship with hourly associates.
• BA/BS degree in related field. Master’s degree highly desired.
• Minimum of 7 – 10 years of progressive operational experience in a high-speed manufacturing process environment.
• Proven ability to lead and influence teams through continuous operational and organizational growth, change and improvement.
• Strong business acumen and operations-based P&L experience.
• Proven experience implementing manufacturing policies and programs.
• Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
• SAP/ERP experience is a plus.
• Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
• Technical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in a Union environment
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
The position is will be based in the Mid-West, is a full-time and available for immediate hire. Compensation will be based on experience and current salary, but highly competitive. Comprehensive benefits package included.
** To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Chris Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.