- Job Title
- Plant Controller
- Fort Worth, TX
Filed under: Finance/Accounting
We are searching for a Plant Controller for one of our clients. The primary function of the role is to serve as the financial leader of their respective facility, to protect the assets of the company through its finance activities and staff, and summarize & analyze business operations. The position reports to the Group Controller and acts as the financial business partner to the plant’s General Manager.
Beyond the stated skills and qualifications, the successful candidate will be naturally curious and have the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities; articulate and convey thoughts and ideas to multiple audiences and exude a strong sense of ownership for their plant’s operations and results.
Are you ready to begin a rewarding career with an established manufacturing leader? Our client is a leading supplier of high impact decorative labels, specializing in a variety of solutions to fit customer’s packaging need and supplying labels to top Fortune 500 companies along with top US retailers. This is an employee-oriented, growing, mid-size company with the feel of a locally owned family business.
• Bachelor degree (BA/BS) with major in Accounting.
• Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA and / or CPA a plus.
• Perform monthly closing of financials for facility in accordance with GAAP with full income statement & balance sheet responsibility for plant location.
• Conduct operational financial analysis for both corporate & operational management stakeholders.
• Provide daily financial reporting of production and expense metrics to plant General Manager, serving as a business partner to the GM. Ad hoc reporting as requested from internal stakeholders.
• Hire, train and develop staff including supervision of accounts payable, billing and receivables.
• Inventory Control, including obsolescence monitoring & inventory turn analysis.
• Lead and prepare annual budget and monthly forecasts comparing projected results to prior year, budget and previous forecasts.
• Fixed Assets, safeguarding & tracking.
• Apply cost accounting review and monitor production standards.
• Taxes: Property, Sales, Accumulation of Sales Tax Exemption Certificates as required.
• Prepare reports for regulatory agencies as required.
• Participate in all audits as required.
• Perform operational analysis, trend projections and forecasting vs. month budget metrics.
• Liaison & primary communicant to corporate finance.
• Creation of capital spending project analysis.
• Assess, develop and implement procedures and controls.
Location & Compensation:
The position will be based in Fort Worth, TX. This is a full-time position available for immediate hire and a meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary with performance-based bonus. Comprehensive benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD, 401k, PTO and paid holidays.