- Job Title
- Oracle BI Specialist
- Elk Grove, IL
Filed under: Information Technology
We are searching for an Oracle Bi Specialist to take the next step in their career by joining a growing industry leader. The Oracle BI Specialist will be an integral part of a team enabling the Business to make better decisions by leveraging the company’s data assets by applying knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence tools, principles of dimensional data modeling and data warehouse design to develop and support innovative BI solutions geared towards Operations, Sales, Supply Chain Management and other business areas. The solutions designed and deployed by the BI Specialist will directly impact the day to day work activities of the company’s business users and have a huge impact on the operational efficiencies in various departments and thus directly impact the company’s bottom line.
Our client is a leading supplier of high impact decorative labels, specializing in a variety of solutions to fit customer’s packaging needs and supplying labels to top Fortune 500 companies along with top US retailers. They offer comprehensive training and development programs focused on the individual needs of Associates from their first day on the job to more advanced career stages. This is an employee-oriented, growing, mid-size company with the feel of a locally owned family business.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 4-6 years’ related experience and/or training with proven track record, OCP a plus.
• Experience in Business Intelligence, report writing and data analytics.
• Candidate must be proficient in MS Access, PowerPoint and Word and be Advanced in Excel.
• Report writing tools like Oracle BI Publisher; 4 years with OBIEE 11g or newer.
• Develop Complex SQL Queries on Oracle Database; 3 years with Oracle 11g or newer.
• Develop Oracle BI Analyses and Dashboard; 3 years with OBIEE 11g or newer.
• Develop Oracle BI RPD (Physical, BMM, Presentation Layers; 2 years OBIEE 11g or newer.
• Requirements Analysis and Design for Dimensional Data Models for deploying a Data Warehouse.
• Provide support to business users by answering BI related questions and provide guidance and ad-hoc data as required in a timely manner.
• Work with a cross functional team to understand the business issues or identify opportunities and gather BI system requirements.
• Translate business requirements into BI Publisher Reports, Analyses and Dashboards.
• Apply knowledge of custom database tables to design BI Publisher Data Models by developing simple to complex SQL queries.
• Design and develop complex customer facing and internal business documents using RTF templates and Excel Templates in BI Publisher.
• Participate in extending, refining and enhancing the company’s data warehouse.
• Translate business requirements and knowledge of data warehouse to model the Physical Layer, BMM Layer and Presentation Layers in Oracle BI Administration Tool.
• Follow company’s change control procedures and perform deployment of BI artifacts.
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members as required.
• Design and implement best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
Location & Compensation:
The position will be based in Elk Grove, IL. This is a full-time position available for immediate hire and a meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary with performance-based bonus. Comprehensive benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD, 401k, PTO and paid holidays.