- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Choose terms
- Marietta, GA
Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer that specializes in Paint who can function as a technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve quality issues implement and monitor advanced quality planning and provide technical support. Applies diversified knowledge of paint chemistry and processing windows to support product launches, quality issue reduction activities as they relate to painted parts. Considerable creativity and initiation is required. Independent judgment is normally required with some direction from the manager. Exercise complete technical direction over others.
Global leader in custom molding technologies, severing to customers with a broad portfolio of design, production and program management throughout their facilities across North America. A privately held company specializing in molding of thermoplastics, high performance plastics, thermosets, injection-molded magnesium, and decorative paint & laser etch. They sell to a broad range of markets including Automotive (Functional, Mechanical, and Decorative Interior), Industrial, Technology, Healthcare, Consumer, and more.
- Ensure Safety of Paint shop and employees
- Guarantees that paint processes are maintained and running effectively for production
- Implements and supports the process control plans in paint process area
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop implementation plans) and resolve issues which are affecting paint shop quality
- Proactively identify & pursue opportunities to improve operations – reduce cost, reduce energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Paint material usage reduction in all process areas
- Interface with production/maintenance personnel, plant leadership and others outside of the plant as needed to resolve issues, implement improvements, and communicate status & opportunities, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement in application of Lean Manufacturing to paint process areas – visual management, problem solving, continuous improvement, employee engagement
- Challenging environment – 3 shifts, high volume Paint Operation
- Assist in the training and supervision of all technical staff that maintain and operate Paint equipment.
- Assisting the Plant Manager in the overall supervision of divisional procedures and technical operations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, quality or engineering including experience in implementing advanced quality planning processes
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive component painting (Interior and exterior parts) experience
- Experience with Programming of Fanuc Robots.
- Experience with 2 component mixing systems. Experience with water wash filtration and
- Experience with Conventional, HVLP and TransTech technologies and application equipment.
- Technical background/degree (Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry)
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Knowledge Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer operations and monitoring.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment.
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements.
- Implements divisional and corporate policies.
- Implements safety, 5S and good housekeeping standards.
- Keeps management informed of developments as they occur.
- Maintains and monitors all Paint department records.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedure.
- Knowledge of basic technology of area where assigned ( Paint Department ).
- Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems.
- High level analytical ability where problems are complex.
- High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output.
- Overall flexibility due to frequent plan changes driven by unforeseen current quality issues
- Design of Experiments, Six Sigma
- Part cleaning processes
- Paint fixture design
- Paint Booth design and Maintenance
- Finesse and part finishing operations
- Quality systems / statistical background
- Overall flexibility due to frequent plan changes driven by unforeseen current quality issues.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
The position is will be based in the Atlanta area, this is a full-time and available for immediate hire and a meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD, 401k, PTO and paid holidays. Relocation offered.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Kaitty Esver at firstname.lastname@example.org.