- Job Title
- Maintenance Superintendent
- Southeast, US
Our client is a leading manufacturer of wood products who fosters a culture based on integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness and respect for fellow employees, which remain central to the way they do business every day. They value safety first and know their employees are key in continuing to drive success through a passion for innovation, relentless work ethic, a sense of personal ownership and pride in the business as they build a world class manufacturing organization.
- Meet production and uptime goals while making safety a business priority.
- Operate and lead within a culture of reliability using preventative and predictive centered maintenance to drive continuous improvement and ownership of the plants uptime while utilizing advanced maintenance systems involving root cause and gap analysis.
- Develop, implement and maintain maintenance team schedules and detailed maintenance planning schedules that drive continuous improvement and support all elements of plant mechanical/electrical functions.
- Advance and support the training for maintenance and operational teams to continuously improve their knowledge and skills to maintain optimum operational focus.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on team building and motivational skills along with an ability to collaborate and build good working relationships across multiple departments and leadership levels.
- Provide support to the General Manager, Production Superintendents and Supervisors to ensure objectives in safety, quality, production and cost are being met.
- Manage and develop relationships with project-equipment supplier(s) and contractors.
- Provide hands on technical expertise on the mill floor to increase and maintain plant operations.
- Lumber background REQUIRED.
- At least 10 years’ experience with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- At least 5 years of supervisory maintenance experience within a sawmill and able to interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of reliability using preventative and predictive centered maintenance, continuous improvement, root cause and gap analysis.
- Strong understanding of Safe Work Procedures, OSHA regulations, National Electric Code and Zero Energy State lock out procedures is a must.
- Strategic thinker and tenacious problem-solver who applies data-based critical thinking to make decisions.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft Office suite as well as effective oral, written and communication skills.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus and equity.