- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer, Programming & Controls (FPGA)
- Scottsdale/Phoenix, AZ
Filed under: Engineering/QA
TOP 5 MUST HAVES FOR THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- PhD preferred, open to highly qualified Master’s and exceptional Bachelor’s holders as well.
- Expertise in FPGA programming and controls.
- Experience designing and prototyping PCBs.
- High bandwidth (1-100 MHz) circuit design experience.
- Knowledge of common communication buses such as I2C, CAN, Serial and SPI.
Our Client is developing pioneering technologies at the confluence of nanotechnology, systems biology and machine learning, to resolve complex disease biology into simple data, for early cancer/disease diagnosis and personalized therapeutics as well as genomic sequencing. They are a tight knit team with a culture of excellence.
- Develop RTL/VHDL/Verilog codes in FPGA platform.
- Design PCBs for data acquisition.
- Develop customized hardware/software interface for data analysis.
- Develop testing criteria for design verification and production certification.
- Assist in architectural design and parts selection.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Low current amplification and measurement design experience is a plus (picoammeter, feedback ammeter, electrophysiology/patch-clamp, etc.).
- Good knowledge of analog and digital filtering.
- EMI shielding best practices.
- Experience interfacing various sensors, microcontrollers and devices.
- Experience with Oscilloscopes and/or Logic Analyzers.
- GPU programming experience is desired but not required.
- Outstanding soldering ability is a plus.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
This position will be based out of Scottsdale, AZ (Phoenix). This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, performance bonus and comprehensive benefits; and if needed a relocation assistance package will be provided. This opportunity requires authorization to work in the United States.