- Job Title
- Director, Public Relations and Government Affairs
- Choose terms
- Gramercy, LA
Filed under: Communications/PR
Our client is a large mining and metallurgy company with International Operations currently experiencing growth and expansion.
This position will establish and direct public relations and governmental affairs initiatives that support the business strategies and position the company as an industry leader and business partner of choice. This role will implement business, trade, and tech media PR initiatives and will represent the company with industry trade groups and governmental officials.
- Work with the ownership and leadership teams to develop and execute on a global strategy to build the reputation, influence and business of the company that includes creative tactics, messages, channels, outcomes and measurements.
- Help build company’s reputation and cultivate strategic relationships with industry, private and public sector partners and influencers in both existing and new markets.
- Strategize, plan and execute public relations activities in connection with product and image marketing announcements, corporate milestones, social impact activities and more.
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with top tier key global media, industry press and financial analysts as well as media outlets local and regional to our business locations.
- Research and pitch opportunities for company leaders to speak and otherwise participate in media outlet- and analyst-affiliated thought leadership, investment and industry events.
- Oversee press events and activities across geographies, including executive media tours and events related to local/global projects, and corporate expansion.
- Field incoming media inquiries quickly and proactively.
- Author and lead the design of press materials, including media kits, op-eds, talking points, executive media interview briefs and news releases.
- Prepare executives for media interviews with pre-interview briefs/messaging, and manage the interview process.
- Provide crisis communications planning, advice and support.
- Support internal talking point development related to company, management and industry events.
- Lead sponsorship and event management for external events.
- Work with external lobbyists to promote a government affairs strategy and program that develops and executes legislative and regulatory strategies to protect or enhance the company’s business interests.
- Monitor and track proposed federal legislation, lead analysis of proposed legislative/policy actions, determine the potential impact on the company and propose appropriate responses.
- Foster a productive relationship between company leadership and elected officials and organize briefings, meetings and other interactions with government officials.
- Drive and support relationships and activities with federal, state and local stakeholders.
- Work with companies affiliated with the organization on public relations and governmental affairs matters.
- National and international travel to be expected.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible professional experience in PR/communications or journalism plus at least 5 years’ experience in a Government Affairs role.
- Agency experience valued.
- Demonstrated ability to write about complex topics in a simple, easy to understand way.
- Demonstrated ability to both lead and tactically execute a comprehensive media program without the support of a PR team or agency.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to creatively source, identify, create, secure and place compelling national and global media coverage.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; graduate degree from an accredited institution in relevant area is a plus.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
This is a full-time position located in Gramercy, LA, available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package that includes a base salary with a performance-based bonus, along with relocation assistance, will be developed for the selected candidate.