- Job Title
- DaaS Senior Director, Business Development
- Houston, TX
Our Client has changed the way the energy industry measures and processes oil and natural gas. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the company’s unique data service offerings and advanced software are made possible through their revolutionary analytical systems. These include the industry’s only field deployable, real time, in-line optical systems for both liquid and natural gas composition and physical property analysis and the proprietary cloud-based Viper data visualization and analytics tools. The Client is a rapidly growing company that has introduced a revolutionary new spectroscopy-based system that measures hydrocarbon speciation and physical properties simultaneously, in-line and in real-time, in either gas or liquid streams.
Our Client is a public company (NYSE) headquartered in Houston. This role is part of a recent acquisition that forms the anchor of the new Data and Analysis division of our Client, who empowers the energy industry to maximize the value of their hydrocarbon streams and improve return on invested capital through data-driven platforms and chemistry technologies in both domestic and international markets.
The DaaS Senior Director of Business Development will lead all aspects of business development, data requirements definition for targeted applications, and high-level corporate sales activities. This position reports to the EVP of Global Sales and will work closely with the Chief Data Officer, EVP of Engineering, and other key leadership roles to drive our DaaS business strategy.
- Leading programs to identify most promising DaaS markets and applications within the oil and gas business.
- Build core Client DaaS market strategy and portfolio.
- Work with leadership team and external market leaders to identify and document product scope and success requirements for each target DaaS offerings.
- Develop business case (features, benefits, ROI, etc.) and sales materials for each DaaS offer.
- Create and implement effective marketing strategies and tactical tools for DaaS products.
- Build and implement effective sales strategies and plans for DaaS portfolio.
- Provide sales support as needed in launching and introducing Client data service products.
- Build and maintain executive-level inroads at target customers for data products.
- Provide on-going feedback and market intelligence to enable continuous improvement of the DaaS business model and strategy.
- Leverage existing regional sales team and customer relationships to rapidly build the business.
- Represent the company at various meetings and trade shows to promote the DaaS business.
- Meet or exceed annual targets for data service business performance.
- Deep subject matter expertise (technical and business) in the oil and gas industry required, preferably in upstream and downstream markets and applications.
- Knowledge of crude evaluation and refinery crude trading and financial models highly desirable.
- Proven track record of professional product management for industrial markets required (oil and gas highly preferred).
- Experience building and executing data service product portfolios required.
- Experience in analytical equipment sales and marketing highly preferred.
- Ability to define and support disruptive technology and business models within highest levels of large organizations.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in technical, engineering or business field.
- Valid drivers’ license with no restrictions and proof of legal right to work in US.
- Flexibility of schedule and ability to travel on regular basis.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
This position can be based out of Houston, or in the Southwestern United States. This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, performance bonus and comprehensive benefits. This opportunity requires authorization to work in the United States.