- Job Title
- Controls Engineer
- Choose terms
- High Point, NC
We are searching for a Controls Engineer with the ability to lead project teams and assist in design and fabrication of production cells including automation and material handling; troubleshoot and correct failures in electrical systems of equipment. This is a hands-on position.
Our client is a metal die cast manufacturer supplying custom engineered products to not only the automotive industry but to electrical, medical, gaming, power tool and across all other markets.
- Develop support documentation for projects
- Prepare layouts or drawings of machinery using AutoCAD
- Develop or maintain PLC and HMI programs associated with automated production equipment using Allen Bradley software
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Upgrade existing and/or install new equipment from control wiring design to implementation
- Fabricate electrical control panels
- Program S4C+ and IRC5 ABB Robots. Program R-30Ib Fanuc Robots. Experience with designing end of arm tooling
- Identify opportunities for improvements in quality, cost or efficiency of automation equipment
- Excellent circuit analysis and trouble shooting skills are required
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Minimum 2-5 years electrical control experience in an industrial environment
- Thorough working knowledge of electrical controls and systems
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting / repair and a working knowledge of PLC’s and integration software such as RSLogix 500 RSLogix 5000 is required
- Experience in schematic and diagram reading for electrical systems is required
- Mechanical aptitude is a must
- Engineering design software experience i.e. AutoCad etc.
Location & Compensation:
The position will be based out of High Point, NC. This is a full-time position available for immediate hire and a meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD, 401k, PTO and paid holidays.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Kaitty Esver at firstname.lastname@example.org.