- Job Title
- Tulsa, OK
Filed under: Finance/Accounting
Responsible for all financial reporting and accuracy of financial transactions for the client’s largest manufacturing plant in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Report to the company President/GM as a key business partner, with dotted line responsibility to the Corporate VP of Finance. Interact regularly with corporate HQ staff (including CEO) to explain all financial aspects related to the business.
Essential Job Duties & Functions:
- Fully manage the plant finance function, including GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting and Treasury.
Serve as key member of senior leadership team influencing, making and enabling business decisions to support business strategy, growth and profitability goals.
- Prepare and execute annual financial budgets, forecasts, three-year business plans and overall business strategy in conjunction with President/GM and corporate goals.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting data, financial statements or other financial reports in conformance to US GAAP and accounting policies.
- Oversee and direct the cost accounting function in an actual cost environment including overhead rate calculations and application.
- Manage the accounting team including hiring, developing/coaching for success, annual review and disciplinary actions (as necessary) to promote good business practice and ethical behavior.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations vs. projections and understand/explain variances.
- Identify, execute and monitor progress of Continuous Improvement projects for the business.
- Prepare all financial requirements of the annual financial external audit and any other regulatory audits required by the state/government that cover financial information (workers compensation, 401K, sales and use/property/other federal/state taxes).
- Prepare annual tax information pack for federal and state tax returns as requested from external tax advisor.
- Forecast business cash requirements and report to corporate on a weekly basis
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge relevant to position and business and possess strong analytical skills/problem solving ability.
- Communication, Written – Communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral – Communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Analytical Skills – Use thinking and reasoning to solve problems.
- Reliability – Be dependable and trustworthy.
- Honesty/Integrity – Be truthful and seen as credible in the workplace.
- Detail Oriented – Pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy – Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized – Possess the trait of being organized or follow a systematic method of performing tasks.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Essential Mental Functions & Skills:
- Math Skills – Possess good math skills to understand complex instructions.
- Attention to Details – Be able to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner and in an unfatigued state; and quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory.
- Physical Requirements – Be able to work in an environment with frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking and, occasionally, typing. The work environment is a normal office setting. The noise level as such is quiet. Additionally, the work environment may include the manufacturing plant where the work conditions have a moderate noise level.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting/finance experience with progressing responsibilities.
Master’s Degree/CPA beneficial to role.
- Prior manufacturing experience in accounting/finance; advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; and ERP experience are mandatory (Infor Visual ERP system preferred but not essential if general IT/Systems ability is strong).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All job offers are contingent upon successfully completing and passing a medical physical exam, drug screen, and criminal background screening. Certain positions may require a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) or a credit report.