- Job Title
- CMM Programmer
- Choose terms
- Marietta, GA
Seeking a CMM Programmer who can generate and run computer programs for automatic inspection equipment (CMM) and conduct accurate and repeatable inspections on parts and components.
Global leader in custom molding technologies, severing to customers with a broad portfolio of design, production and program management throughout their facilities across North America. A privately held company specializing in molding of thermoplastics, high performance plastics, thermosets, injection-molded magnesium, and decorative paint & laser etch. They sell to a broad range of markets including Automotive (Functional, Mechanical, and Decorative Interior), Industrial, Technology, Healthcare, Consumer, and more.
- Create inspection programs using automated inspection equipment including a DCC CMM, vision system and other non-contact inspection systems.
- Independently interfaces with design personnel in creating protocols for importing CAD files (IGES/DXF/STEP formats) for faster programming.
- Provide technical support in new software and programming techniques for automatic inspection equipment.
- Interface with internal personnel and customers while performing/explaining inspection procedures, when appropriate, including the ability to conduct accurate and repeatable inspections under customer observation.
- Generate inspection reports upon successful review by Quality Engineering.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a positive attitude. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, and ability to get along with others.
- Maintain and follow an equipment and instrument calibration system.
- Assist Quality Auditors when needed and with in-coming components.
- Other duties may be assigned for the safe and effective operation of the plant.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing programs for automated metrology inspection equipment is preferred.
- Experience in CAD file acquisition is a plus.
- Ability to independently perform arithmetic computations with precision, accuracy and speed.
- Knowledge of trigonometric functions as they relate to part and mold geometry to include draft considerations.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
The position is will be based in the Atlanta area, this is a full-time and available for immediate hire and a meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD, 401k, PTO and paid holidays. Relocation offered.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Kaitty Esver at firstname.lastname@example.org.