- Job Title
- Aviation Technician V
- Springfield, IL
Filed under: Aerospace/Aviation
MUST HAVES FOR THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
1. Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation or military equivalent.
2. Formal avionics systems and electronics education/training. AET preferred.
3. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. This global enterprise serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets.
The Avionics Technician troubleshoots and repairs (or sends out for repair) avionics systems that are malfunctioning in customer aircrafts and installs avionics systems and components. They will communicate with customers regarding the status and timeframe of repairs. Technical aptitude and sound judgment to make decisions regarding installation, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution are key.
• Troubleshoot and repair Flight Management Systems (FMS,) Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems, EGPWS/TAWS, communications, navigation, radar, TCAS/XPDR, DME, autopilot/flight director, audio, ADF, Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE), and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems.
• Install avionics systems on customer aircraft.
• Provide emergency power supply battery service for customer aircraft in-house.
• Maintain continuous communication with customers regarding the status of avionics work on their aircraft.
• Use electrical hand tools, testing equipment and soldering equipment.
• Document all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Work fair share of overtime and travel to customer locations or other company facilities as required.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, climb ladders and stand for long periods.
• Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
• Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems and have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
This position is based in Springfield, IL. 10% Travel. This is a 1st Shift position that is available for immediate hire.